- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 medium sized ripe avocados
- 1-2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper and/or cayenne to taste
- minced green, red or banana peppers
- peeled, seeded, minced cucumber
- minced radishes
- diced tomatoes
- Cut open avocados and scoop the flesh out of the skin. Mash with a fork
- Add juice
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover tightly and chill.
Note: to help retain the lovely green color, place the pits in the bowl but remember to remove them before serving.
Adapted from “The New Moosewood Cookbook” by Molly Katzen